Monday, April 21, 2008

Pre-conference Excitement

Can I tell you how excited I am about being a part of general conference? This being my first time as a delegate I can feel the excitement simply among the persons at my church First United Methodist Church Mansfield. The amount of people I have had the opportunity to sit down with and discuss the issues, to talk about volunteering, UMW ladies that are baking dozens of cookies, my students in my student ministry department to talk about the Methodist church as as whole is simply amazing. Am I sounding a little over the top and excited? Probably so. I compare it to the first time I was asked to be a young adult delegate years ago for the then Fort Worth West District at annual conference. I was so excited, yet overwhelmed with all the details and information and not knowing what to expect. I think I am feeling the same way about general conference, as I did over 10 years ago for annual conference. I am sure I will find out that there will be some incredible moments that we will all celebrate and be proud to call ourselves Methodists. Other times that I will be bored to tears about a report where someone that is too long winded. There will be times of great discuss and debate. However the one great thing I know is that we all do this for the Glory of our God and that he will be among us. I am so grateful to be a part of the conference and look forward to sharing my experiences with those who read this blog!

No comments: