Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Back to Work

So I decided to spend the morning walking through the exhibit hall and soak in the experience of the Cokesbury store and the international "Advance Specials" exhibit. I am fascinated with the persons I run into and get to talk to. They all have unique stories about where they come, how they ended up at the conference, and why they want to be there. Making a difference is what one lady from Colorado told me. She wanted to be a part of the history of the United Methodist church. She, like I am, is a life long Methodist and believes with all her heart in the church and that she can make a difference. She spoke with passion and has a drive in her life about the church that I could only hope to ever have. I would have been able to give you a little more description of my afternoon and evening, but I got called back to the church to preach to my junior high students. I forget how much I love to be with them and how much I love the church and what I do! More tomorrow... Stay Tuned

1 comment:

Estee said...

Hang in there team! We are proud of the work you are doing and grateful for the time you have committed. Thanks for your posts and for keeping us up-to-date.