Monday, April 21, 2008

Excitement is Everywhere

“A Future with Hope" or “Hope for the Future” no matter how you say it, the United Methodist Church is alive. There is great excitement everywhere. The Waco District is on the move with cookies, cookies, cookies everywhere. Our District Cookie Wrangler has been working overtime as well as the United Methodist Women to make sure that there cookies for everyone. The clergy and lay members of Waco District are ready to travel to Fort Worth on April 29th (Waco District Day) to extend "Gracious Hospitality” the way only the Waco District can do. John Wesley said and I quote “My fear is not that our great movement, known as the Methodist, will eventually cease to exist or one day die from the earth. My fear is that our people will become content to live without the fire, the power, the excitement, the supernatural element that makes us great". Well, Mr. Wesley, I don’t think you have anything to worry about, I have witnessed the fire, the power and the excitement throughout the Central Texas Conference as preparations have been made for the 2008 General Conference.

Check with me daily beginning Wednesday, April 23 through Friday, May 2 as I share with you how we, the United Methodist Church, are keeping the Flame Alive.

No comments: